Notice is hereby given that a vacancy exists in the office of Parish Councillor for the Parish of Great Barford. The vacancy will be filled by co-option at the meeting on 22nd June 2021. Those wishing to be nominated should register their interest with the Parish Clerk no later than 7th June 2021.
A person is qualified to be co-opted as a Councillor if they are a British, qualifying Commonwealth, Republic of Ireland, or EU citizen and over 18 years. In addition, the person must meet at least one of the following:
- they are on the electoral register for the parish,
- they have owned or tenanted land or premises in the parish for the previous 12 months,
- their principal or only place of work has been in the parish for the previous 12 months,
- they have resided in the parish for the previous 12 months,
- they have resided within 3 miles of the parish boundary for the previous 12 months.
Bankrupts and those subject to recent sentences of imprisonment are disqualified from standing.
A person cannot be validly nominated unless his/her consent is given in writing to the Parish Clerk at Green End Farm, 108 Green End Road, Great Barford, MK44 3HD or firstname.lastname@example.org. The procedure for filling the vacancy and the application form can be requested from the Parish Clerk or can be found on the Parish Council website at Co-option-policy-and-procedure.pdf (greatbarford.org.uk). The completed form needs to be returned to the Parish Council office by 7th June 2021.
Clerk to Council
6th May 2021