Full Parish Council Meeting
Tuesday 21st January 2020, 7.30pm
Great Barford Village Hall
Thursday February 13th, 2020
In February and March, East West Railway Company will be running a series of community events in venues across the area between Bedford and Cambridge.
In January, the Preferred Route Option for the section of East West Rail between Bedford and Cambridge was announced by the Secretary of State for Transport, the Rt. Hon. Grant Shapps MP. It would link existing stations in Bedford and Cambridge with communities in Cambourne and the area north of Sandy, south of St. Neots.
Everyone living and working in the area, or with an interest in the railway is invited to join the East West Railway Company team at any of the events they will be holding in February and March this year. You will be able to find out more, talk about the next steps for the railway, share your views, and meet experts from across the East West Railway Company.
Beginning next week, the events are being held over six weeks in fourteen locations across the area, at varying times of day and days of the week.
1. 19 February: The Hub, Cambourne, CB23 6GW, 11:30am - 3:00pm
2. 25 February: Shelford Rugby Club, CB22 5JJ, 1:30pm - 5:00pm
3. 29 February: Little Gransden Village Hall, SG19 3DP, 11:30am - 5:00pm
4. 6 March: The Priory Centre, St Neots, PE19 2BH, 2:30pm - 7:00pm
5. 7 March: Great Barford Village Hall, MK44 3HA , 11:30am - 3:00pm
6. 10 March: Ravensden Village Hall, MK44 2RL, 1:30pm - 5:00pm
7. 13 March: Sandy Village Hall, SG19 1BN, 12:30pm - 4:00pm
8. 16 March: Scott Hall, Bedford, MK42 0DS, 2:30pm - 7:00pm
9. 19 March: Clapham Village Hall, MK41 6BP, 4:00pm - 8:30pm
10. 20 March: Ross Street Community Centre, Cambridge, CB1 3UZ, 2:30pm - 6:00pm
11. 24 March: Bedford Blues Rugby, MK40 3NF, 4:00pm - 9:00pm
12. 28 March: Comberton Village Hall, CB23 7DY, 3:30pm - 7:00pm
13. 30 March: Webb Library, Cambridge, CB5 8BJ, 11:30am - 5:00pm
14. 31 March: Barrington Village Hall, CB22 7QX, 11:00am - 3:00pm
Event listings are also available at eastwestrail.co.uk, alongside detailed reports on how the Preferred Route Option was chosen, a full account of the public consultation held in 2019 and documents explaining commitments to landowners, the approach to the environment and the approach to procurement. ... See MoreSee Less